Rietumu Bank - 1000 euros per month for account maintenance at Rietumu's robber bank !!!

Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Just to let you know guys about a very bad experience that I have with the latvian bank Rietumu bank (http://rietumu.lv/). This bank charged me without informing me 1000 euros for one month for account maintenance.

The bank can decide how much they will charge you without letting you know. I moved my funds very quickly and heard the customer manager Violeta L. informed me that they can charge you 5000 euros just before you leave the bank, just because they decided so, and they don't mind what you think, if you agree or not.

My case is not the only one as I founded others after a small search :

Therefore, I just warn you guys if you bank or planned to bank with Rietumu bank, there are really dangerous.

Rietumu bank is dangerous for many reasons :

- it's a bank which is sued for massive money laundering in France

- the french team (when the bank had an office in Paris) was proposing money laundering services through Cyprus, Sergei S., one of the former director, was proposing me such services with the full approbation of the compliance of the bank.

- they can change unilaterally any contract without informing you and spoiling your account (the maintenance account fee was 50 euros and changed to 1000 euros without letting me know, the same for closure of the account, from 100 euros to 500 euros).

If you want to sleep well at night, I definitely advice to avoid this far risky bank involved in :

- massive money laundering scheme with the compliance with their compliance team,

- blocked bank account with risk of bankruptcy for your business if working capital is too low,

- robbery, spoliation of their customers.

- extravangant fees charged suddenly if they think one day that your business profil is not suited for them.

Just beware of Rietumu bank guys.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rietumu Bank Account.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I liked: Infrastructure of the bank.

I didn't like: Customer robbery, Unlawfull practise.